Unsolved Case #36
Reference Number 01-10

Keith Mann
Missing Person
20 years old
5 feet 6 inches
160 pounds
blue eyes
short, light brown hair

On Saturday, May 10th, 1997, Keith Mann worked from 8:00 am until 9:00 pm at Ron Roberts Ford. He had sold 2 cars that day and planned on delivering one of them on Monday. When he was done for the day, he chose a red 1996 mustang to drive home. The salesmen are allowed to pick a "demo" car to use each evening. He asked his boss for a gas voucher to fill the car up as he was out of money. We assume he filled up the car on his way home to his apartment. He had just moved into the Fountaingate Apartments on Barnett Road about one month before.

At home, he proceeded to shower and change clothes. He changed into blue jeans, ivory colored long-sleeved pullover shirt, beige baseball hat, and brown lace-up shoes. While he was getting ready to go out for the evening with some friends, his fiancé Carrie Kitchens called at 9:40 from Dallas where she was vacationing with her parents. They spoke for a few moments and before hanging up, Carrie told Keith to expect her the next day around 2:00 pm.

Carrie had just graduated from the Junior College where they had met on Friday the 9th. She was moving to Wichita Falls to live with Keith and already had a job lined up. She was due to start training at Enterprise Car Rental on Monday, May 12th.

Keith's friends, Chris and Michelle, came by to pick him up in a black Pathfinder. They drove to a Fina gas station on McNiel and Kell Blvd. so that Keith could purchase something to eat, using a Fina credit card that belonged to Carrie. The surveillance tape shows them in the store at 10:00 pm. Next, they drove to the McDonalds on Southwest Parkway to pick up dinner for Chris and Michelle. Afterwards, they drove to a place behind Memorial Stadium where they went "mudding" for about 45 minutes. Next stop was a at a car wash to clean up the vehicle. While they were washing it, Keith told Chris that he needed to go home soon because he had to meet someone at 12:15 am. He did not say who he was supposed to meet or where. So they dropped him off at his apartment at 11:45 pm. They watched him walk up two short flights of stairs but did not actually see him go inside the apartment. That was the last time anyone saw him.

On Sunday morning, the red mustang was discovered in a parking lot near our home on McNiel St. At first, we thought the car was being test driven by someone who was attending services at the church located next door to us. We left to go to our own church service at 10:00 am and got back a little after noon.

Around 1:00 pm we received a call from Carrie asking if Keith was over here or if we had seen him at church that morning. We told her we had not seen him since Friday night. She said she could tell that he had not slept in the apartment the night before and she wondered where he could be. Remembering about the red mustang we had seen earlier, we went to go look to see if it was still there. With church services being over, it looked odd to still be parked there. We concluded that it must be Keith's demo car and that he must have parked it there sometime early Sunday morning with the intention of returning to pick it back up.

Upon closer inspection of the car, we noticed that the trunk lid was not shut all the way. We looked inside the trunk but did not see anything although it did look like a pnael was pulled back on one side. The car doors were locked but the alarm system was not activated. Looking in the windows, we could see that it was exceptionally clean inside without any personal items on the seat and dash areas. A lone cassette tape was in the cassette player.

As far as we know, no clothing or personal items were missing from the apartment. He did not have any money on him at the time of his disappearance. He had approximately $100.00 in his savings account and he knew he would be getting a commission check for approximately $300.00 on Monday the 12th. Plus regular payday would be on the 15th and he would receive a check for $500.00. His paychecks have not been picked up and he has not made a withdrawal from the bank since May 8th. No transactions have been made on the Fina credit card since May 10th at 10:00 pm.

Reports of his disappearance have been on the news and in the newspaper several times. Fliers have been posted around the city and surrounding areas. A cash reward has been offered for information leading to his location. No leads have developed in the past several weeks.

The Detective in charge of the case is Mr. Tony Fox. He can be reached at (940) 761.7762.

The FBI was called in to assist the local police and detectives on June 4th. The agent in charge is Mr. Stan Burke and he can be reached at (940) 766.4441.

If you have any information that may help solve this case, please contact the National Organization of Parents Of Murdered Children, Inc. at 1-888-818-7662 or by email at natlpomc@pomc.org. Be sure to include the reference number in any and all correspondence.

back to 32

The National Organization of Parents Of Murdered Children, Inc.
4960 Ridge Avenue, Suite # 2
Cincinnati, Ohio 45209